Use of information
2. Personal Information that visitors submit through the Website is used and disclosed for:
- the purpose for which it is submitted;
- any secondary purpose related to the provision of our Services;
- purposes where it can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances that You consent to Your Personal Information being used (implied consent). For example, Your consent will be implied for Us to use and disclose Your information to inform You of products Services that We believe may interest You. However, Your implied consent for Us to do this can be withdrawn at any time by telling Us; and
3. Copies of correspondence sent from the Website that may contain Personal Information are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
4. When you create an account as part of the registration process, We collect Personal Information about You in order for You to take full advantage of the Website. To do this it may be necessary for You to provide additional information to us. If such information is needed You will be specifically requested to provide it. You may choose to provide that information or not. However if you choose to give information We may not be able to provide some services to You.
Credit card details
5. Credit card details and other financial information which You provide are only stored to process Transactions and will be deleted once a Transaction is completed.
6. We may disclose Your Personal Information in circumstances where:
- You have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted;
- it can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances that You consent to Your personal information being disclosed (implied consent as per clause 2.c);
- We have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with Our rights or property, users, Members or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- We believe in good faith that the law requires Our disclosure of Your Personal Information; and
- We have engaged third parties to provide You Services and disclosure of Your Personal Information to those third parties is required to meet Your request for those Services.
7. We may use Your Personal Information to offer you Services We believe may interest you, but We will not do so if you tell Us not to.
8. We won’t sell Your Personal Information to other organisations. We may exchange Your Personal Information between companies within Our corporate group to continue to provide Our Services to you.
9. If you don’t want to receive marketing offers from Us please tell us by accessing the Contact Us section of the Website and completing the appropriate forms. We will act promptly on Your request.
10. We will ensure each electronic message We send (e.g. by e-mail, SMS, MMS or online instant message) includes a method that enables you to tell Us you do not want to receive future electronic marketing material.
11. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personal Information submitted to the Website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and you acknowledge and accept this risk when accessing and using the Website.
12. We will endeavour to take reasonable commercial steps to protect Personal Information you provide Us in relation to Your use of the Website and ensure its security on Our systems.
13. Our employees and any third parties who provide Services are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by Us. However, We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage which is directly or indirectly cause by unauthorised access to Your Personal Information.
Collecting information from Bentleys Website users
14. IP addresses
Our web servers store the IP address of users that access and use the Website. We use IP addresses to assist the diagnosis of problems or support issues with the Website and to analyse the usage and traffic of the Website. This information is gathered in an aggregate and de-identified format which cannot be attributed to an individual user.
15. Cookies and Applets
Access to Your information
16. We will endeavour to take commercially reasonable steps to secure any information submitted to the Website about you and keep this information accurate and current. If at any time you discover that information held by Us about you is incorrect you may Contact Us to update that information.
Links to other Websites
Problems or questions